Monday, December 3, 2007

Night Lights



These lanterns were a dream of my mum's and almost didn't happen. I was running low on time and I hadn't done a trial but they were the one decorative piece my mum loved and really wanted to see at the wedding. I had initially bought the red bags for the favors but when the labels arrived I didn't like the look of the red with the gold and so I decided to pick up the regular lunch sacks for the favors which I ended up loving.
The lanterns in Martha Stewart where made of white bags and I think she had stenciled them which I didn't have time to do, but I headed to Maine with the red bags and ribbon I had picked up at Building 19 and thought that I'd give it a try and that if it didn't work out I wouldn't be out too much money or time. My parents had the christmas lights in their attic and I think it all came together really well. The one regret I have about the lanterns is that I did them on Friday afternoon at the site because I was worried about how well they would hold up to travel. My brother and I worked for about two hours but we ran out of time and we were only able to get three strings done even thought I had enough supplies to do six. Oh well. What we did get up looked great and I got a lot of complements on them.

No comments: