Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Welcome Gifts

I have dreams of having a welcome basket in each of the cabins we have rented for our wedding weekend but I'm not sure what I want to put in them. I found the perfect "baskets" at an overstock store last weekend and they were only $2.00 each! They are good size and really cute, they have a really homey/ campy feel to them, they are by Mary Engelbreit. Right now, I'm thinking about putting a variety of snacking items in the baskets.
We would like to serve three meals thought the weekend 1. a potluck, family style dinner put on by my family on friday night for guests. this will go on thought the evening as people arrive, 2. a country style BBQ Saturday evening following the wedding, and 3. a casual breakfast Sunday morning before people start home. All of our cabins are equipped with full kitchens but we don't want our guests to feel like they need to bring food for the weekend, so the idea of having snacking items available will hopefully sustain our guests in between the meals. Here is our list so far: Loaf of bread, pb and homemade jam (my parents are fantastic jammers), s'more stuff, hot cocoa, coffee, and coffee filters, popcorn, fruit, and cookies. Do you think this will be enough food for a weekend?

No comments: