Thursday, March 15, 2007

Save the Dates


I'll apologize for this being a day late but yesterday was very busy. Jesse took me to see Blue Man Group in Boston for my birthday. It was something I have wanted to see for years and we had a great time. I'm so tired today but it was definitely worth it. When I got home from work, I finally uploaded a photo, a big step for this technology slug. Apparently, the setting on my camera was set for landscape pixels and I needed internet pixels. After time with the users manual, I learned how to adjust the pixels, now if I could only learn to take a good photo.


Here's how I made them:

I printed out the text using the basic word program and my low grade HP printer, then added my own art, and printed them out at Kinko's. The whole process took me about a week to make, mainly because I tried the birds in every medium I could think of. I don't know if you can tell from the photo but we ended up choosing the watercolor version. The total cost was just under $50 for 100 of these babies. I hand addressed the fronts and stamped them with a variety of tree stamps that I already owned, I used different stamps and ink colors to give them each a little individuality and that took me about another week. All in all, from idea to mailbox they took about 3 weeks but I really took my time with this project and both Jesse and I are very happy with the results. What do you think?

No comments: