Monday, February 26, 2007

Let it Snow!

What a fantastic morning to be home, the snow is falling and my mind is at ease. I spent the weekend in Rhode Island with my girlfriends and I've returned home with lots of new ideas for the w. Since the tent, the tables, the chairs, the linens, and the dinnerware is all white, I've been trying to brainstorm inexpensive ways to add color to the reception. Jesse and I are colorful people. My newest plan is to make table runners in bright hues for each of the tables- I think this will be fairly easy and add a much needed punch of color.

Another new project I'm excited about is the guestbook. I'm determined to make a guestbook that will be fun for guests to write in and fun for Jesse and I to read for years to come. Where's the fun in a fancy white book filled in with rows of names? This week I'm working on drawing up a draft of a guestbook page with fun questions for guests to answer and space for creativity. My plan is to make copies of the page and pass them out to the guests to fill in at the reception. Once the pages have been completed, I can load them into a decked out three ring binder that suits our style.

My girlfriend, Laura (also my talented wedding photographer) has offered to help me with my invitations which is a hugh help. I have my heart set on seal and send type invitations and I've had a hard time finding the correct paper size I need to make them. So, a big hug goes out to Laura, thank goodness for my abundance of talented and connected friends.

No comments: