Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Jam Favors Done

Well, we're back from a very busy vacation and I have tons of stuff to blog about. We spent the first week of our vacation in Stow, Vermont. Jesse spent many happy summers there as a child and I had never been, we really didn't do too much but relax and that's just what we needed to get us in shape for week two of our vacation, which was full of wedding related projects. We made it to Maine in the afternoon on Friday (7/6) and my fantastic father had already picked the strawberries for us.

Jesse and I got to work washing and hulling the strawberries. It's sticky work but we got down to business and made quick work of it.


My father got to work cooking the jam. He and my mother have been making this same jam for years now and he moves through the kitchen with the rhythm of a dancer. After he had his system down he let us step in and taught us some of the secrets of great jam making! Here's a picture of my dad getting ready to pour the jam into the jars.


And here's a picture of my man sealing the jars.


The only one who didn't have a good time making jam was miss coco. It would seem that she would rather be outside chasing chipmunks and swimming in the lake.

No comments: