Friday, June 22, 2007

Shoe Fetish

When it came to bridal footwear, I wanted to ensure my comfort for a full day of activity (including a post nuptial badminton game) and I didn't want to spend more than $75. Truthfully, I didn't want to spend more than $5 but, once I looked at a couple pair of shoes, I quickly realized that just wasn't gonna happen.
I first fell in love with these boots from Fluevog (nobody makes a shoe like john fluevog). They're daring, different, and the best part is they are versitile. Unfortunately, my groom-to-be had a real aversion to me wearing boots at the wedding (don't ask me why, I don't think he even knows why). Because he's asked for so little during the planning process, and because I was truly scared he might want to wear loafers on the big day, I decided to concede, and use this as a bargaining chip. No boots, no loafers.


I continued in my quest on the fluevog website and found these little lovelies. Again, they fit the requirements but at $229, I just can't do it.

A few weeks ago, I was in Kohls with my mum when we came across these cuties:


They fit all my requirements and they best part was the price! At a whopping $15, I didn't hesitate to throw them in the cart. If I do find another pair (or give in to my heart stings and part with the $229), I won't feel bad about the money I've already spent and I like 'em enough to wear them another time, maybe at my next wedding. Just kidding.

No comments: