Tuesday, June 19, 2007

#10 Invite Mock Ups

I decided to make some invitation mock ups because my continued indecisivness regarding invitations. I made a #10 booklet based on the measurements in the paper-source catalog and a folder invitation based on the measurements from cards and pockets. Here is the #10 booklet and how I made it.

Here are some shots of the finished products. I started with a spice colored cardstock and used my Fiskars paper cutter to cut it down to 3 3/4" X 9 1/2" I folded over the top to form a 1/2" lip. I originally used antique brads to hold them together but then played around with different ideas. I really like the casual look of the yarn.





I cut three inserts from cream color card stock, each 3 1/2" x 9" To make sure I got the staggered ends I simply fooled around with the margins while printing and trimmed off the excess. I'm going to have to work on this some more.I cut three inserts from cream color card stock, each 3 1/2" x 9"











I really covet those
black and white maps
that I see everywhere
but I had a lot of
headaches trying to
make one, dispite
multiple tutorials.
I cut and pasted this
map from our wedding
venues web site.

The whole process took about 1 hour and was fairly painless but if we decide to go with this style we'll definatly buy the kit from paper-source, simply to save the time and headache of cutting the papers.

No comments: